Thursday, April 9, 2009
White Coat Syndrome
Yesterday I had a Dr. appointment. My 5 month check up with my surgeon. I had blood work done for this appointment. The bruise is still present. I have high blood pressure and the medicine gives me headaches. But I started taking it before the appointment so I would not get in trouble. My blood pressure was still high. I could feel it. Normally I don't get that feeling. But anytime I go to the Dr. I get this anxiety. Like I am going to get into trouble, or something is going to be wrong. I told him this, that I get nervous. He said I might have 'white coat syndrome'. Hmm...interesting. So anyways the rest of the appointment went well. Everything was normal except for one thing. One of my liver enzymes was up by .1 but he said that could have been the lab or something. So if is still elevated the next appointment we will have to check it out. I am so glad that is over. I hate those appointments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
It is a a real syndrome! i have learned about it n school. It is good you talked to your dr. about it because he can do things to help it. He should talk to you more before he takes your BP so you can relax and calm down. If he walks in and immediatly takes your BP it will be high because your nervous and scared!
I totally have the same syndrome! I get the same way!
Post a Comment