Wednesday, April 1, 2009

On a crisp spring evening


My Mom and I were driving home from my brothers volleyball game yesterday. We saw 3 little ladies in a yellow convertible. All dressed up with hats and gloves. They were each clutching to their hat as the wind was blowing them off. I have never seen something so random. I turned to my mom and told here we were going to do that someday. I asked her what color of a car. She said pink. I am glad she did, that is exactly what I was thinking. I have decided I will wear a pink and white polka dot dress with white gloves and a huge straw hat. I am not sure what mom will wear yet, I just know it will be pink. Who knows where will be going. Possibly to an evening show, or dinner. Maybe a night out with the girls. Or just an evening drive. All I know is that someday it will happen.The picture actually turned out better than I thought!

2 comments:

heather said...

When I am old I am joining the Red Hat Society.

Walters Family said...

That was so totally awesome to see those 3 ladies all decked out with dresses, gloves, hats, jewelry... too bad the picture you took didn't turn out. It was awesome. I believe I shall have a pink and white wide diagonal striped dress, with white gloves, a white hat with netting over the face, big white earrings and a big white bead necklace and matching bracelet. We shall go to a Theatre dinner and ice cream sundae on the way home. It will be a convertible car and we will have to hold our hats down too. Then we will come home and play cards and games with the ladies.