I have always had this fear of needles. Not sure where I got it. I remember going to the doctor when I was younger with my sister. I cried when I got shots (every time) and she laughed. Laughed. How can one laugh when you get a shot? I remember having to get blood drawn. I went with my Dad and older brother. I told my Dad I wanted Randon to do it first so I could see. I was horrified. I was crying just watching him get it done. My Dad held my hand the whole time.
Confession time. The FIRST time I did not cry when I got a shot was when I was in college. Maybe 20. I was getting some shots and blood drawn to get my CNA. That was the first time I did not cry. I remember my mom staring at me waiting for that tear to fall. I will admit my eyes watered. But no tears. I think since taking Human Anatomy I have this fascination with the body. So amazing. I am not a fan of IV's though. When they put it in last time and had to dig around I could not watch. Ugh, seeing that needle move around under my skin was disturbing.
Today, I am getting blood work done to make sure I am getting all the nutrients I need and that I'm not lacking in any. So I can't eat. Shall I remind you I get up at 4:00 am? My appointment is at 2:15pm. I am only allowed to drink water. Let's hope I don't wither away to practically nothing till then. (I am secretly hoping I do...haha)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
good luck at your appt.!
needles have never bothered me...my daughter, on the other hand, is very squeamish. she hates them!
Did they teach us how to draw blood in that CNA class? I totally forgot. That seems like sooo long ago! Anyways, I hope it all goes well!
Later!
Post a Comment