Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 3: San Francisco to Redding, CA

We slept in. It felt so so good. The plan was to find a beach so we went to North Beach. We did not find the beach but something so much better. Pier 39. We were starving and found a place to eat, Butterfly. It was alright, very trendy and not a huge selection. But hey, we got a free creme brulee and it was good. As you can see we did not even think to get a picture of it before we dug in. Below is a picture of us with satisfied bellies.

A look out over the Pier.

If you know me you know I like Spongebob so when we were walking through Fisherman's Wharf and I spotted him I had to have a picture.

We were surprised when we saw these Sea Lions when we walked around the corner.
They were fun to watch.
Fun pic with the Sea Lions
We took a "Bay Adventure Cruise" around the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. It was super cold and windy but it was a lot of fun and was really neat to see the sights from the boat. or ship. whatever it was.
Us in front of the Golden Gate Bridge!!!

We messed around in San Francisco for a good 4 hours and headed out. We ended up stopping in Redding, CA. Our goal: 1- Find Mexican Food, and 2- Find a hotel with a pool. We did both. We ate at Chevy's, it was good but I ate WAY too much and wanted to barf. And we found a place with a pool, that was cheap. The pool was not heated and we got it, to find a cockroach in the pool and we immediately got out. So much for that thought.
Stay tuned for Day 4!


Photobucket

4 comments:

heather said...

Ew. Roaches in the pool!

Callie said...

Oh it looks like you are having so much fun! Can't wait to hear more!

Stacey said...

I am so glad you are able to sleep in!!! Maybe it's because I am pregnant but isn't sleeping in like one of the best things ever???!!!
:)

Stacey said...

Thanks again for going to Sonic with me, that was so much fun! I loved talking with you. You're awesome!!