Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference

Conference was just what the Doctor ordered!!!
I thought conference was great. I felt a lot of what I am going through was addressed. Some of my thoughts on things I want to do or where I want to be going in life where addressed. I loved that. The entire thing was great. If I had to pick a few that really stood out in my mind I would say:

Dieter F. Uchtdorf: He said a lot of things that really resonated with me.
"The more we feel our heart and minds with the Savior, the more our desires grow."
"Discipleship is a journey."
"Gospel of transformation."
I loved Jeffery R. Holland's talk about the Savior. About his life. The thing that really stuck with me was why there was a need for God to withdraw himself. Because for the atonement to be infinite and eternal Christ not only had to die physically but spiritually. He ended his talk by saying that we need to declare ourselves to be more dedicated to the Savior.

There seemed to be a theme of being faithful and having good cheer. Also there were several talks about the temple (the topic I needed). I am so grateful for the time we have to sit and listen to our dear prophet, apostles, and leaders. You can see the love they have resonate from them.

To learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, you can go here

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I've given up all hope of note-taking during conference in the near future due to my wee ones. But my favorite quote was, "The future is as bright as your faith" said by President Monson. It really was a great conference.

Cami Pereira said...

Krissa, I put a link to your blog in my blog? We can be friends, what do you think?