Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 2: Anaheim to San Francisco

Day 2 was Crazy. Busy. and Jam-packed. Oh and we almost died!!!!
I will be the first to admit I was super cranky and grouchy by the end of this day. Long drive, too much traffic, and California drivers. Ptth!
We have come to the realization that the cars in California are not made with blinkers.

Breakfast at Polly's Pies. It was so good. We shared a Cinnamon Roll French Toast. DELICIOUS.

We left Anaheim and headed to Hollywood. Um, crazy. So so busy. We finally found Sunset Blvd. and found a place to park near the Kodak Theater. We walked down Hollywood Blvd looked at the sights and stars on the ground. It was pretty neat. We headed back to the car and found I got a parking violation. My car was in the lines but my back tire was more than 30 inches from the curb. Dumb. I don't know the parking rules.

This is where we almost died. We parked the car and had to find a way down to the beach and saw these railroad tracks and HAD to take some pictures...DUH! So just after this picture we here a horn honking. Yeah, we run out of the way just in time for the train to come around the corner. SCARY!!!! I do not know how we did not hear it. I am just glad we got out of the way just in time!


So the beach was beautiful after our heart stopped thumping. So pretty. It just makes me smile. Arizona needs a beach, badly!

And of course at ever gas fill we have to wash the windows as many a bug has ended its life there.

We got to San Francisco at about 10. Our room was so pretty and the beds were so cozy. Shaylee and her friend Liz came to visit us as they were on vacation there. They just arrived that day and are staying a week. More about the beautiful San Francisco later. Right now, I am going to bed. Adventure calls for me tomorrow.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

Looks like you guys are having a ton of fun.. this just makes me want to take a road trip so bad!

Love the Polly's pictures :)