Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering

“Where were you when the World stopped turning on that September day?”
-Alan Jackson
I can clearly remember where I was.
I was getting ready for school.
Listening to the radio…Tim and Willy in the morning…
As I was getting ready I remember the second tower being hit.
And I remember the shock of everyone.
Trying to understand what was going on.
I got to school. My A-hour class with Mr. Sorensen {do you remember Stacey?}
He had the TV on.
And the whole hour we watched the coverage.
We watched the Towers fall in disbelief.
That entire day the TV was on in… every class.
I don’t think the teachers really knew what to do.
It was a scary thing. Everyone was so shocked.
My heart went out to all those directly affected.
I think we ALL were affected by it in some way.
And I am grateful for those who have served
and our serving our country during the War on Terrorism.

The previous generation was changed by Pearl Harbor.
Our generation has been changed by the events that happened on September 11, 2001.

{picture from here}
Photobucket

2 comments:

David and Natalie Reheis said...

I remember where I was too. I'll always remember where I was on 9/11 and when Michael Jackson died...

Anonymous said...

What a meaningful post, thanks for sharing.