Thursday, September 24, 2009

Movie Quote Friday!

Pearl Harbor
{It's a long one}

Rafe: Not anxious to die sir, just anxious to matter.
Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle: You know what top secret is?"
Rafe: Yes, sir. It's the kind of mission where you get medals, but they send 'em to your relatives.
_________________________________________________________
Rafe: Hold on a second, Miss, I really, really lick you.
[covers mouth]
Rafe: Like you. I didn't mean to say that, and I just wanted to know if I could donate dinner, well, buy you dinner.
Evelyn: This isn't your chart.
Rafe: No that's this guy right here I think he left.
Evelyn: Have you already had this shot?
Rafe: Yea well once already yea. Well, I mean can I ask you out?
Evelyn: No.
Rafe: Uh...
[Bangs his nose into the tray of supplies]
Rafe: Oh.
Nurse: Oo. What'd you do to him?
Rafe: J, L, M, K, P, O, E, T, X. Eyes like an eagle, ma'am.
Evelyn: Slow down, flyboy. And instead of the bottom, read the very top. Both eyes.
Rafe: Yeah. C. Sorry, J.
[Clears throat]
Rafe: C, W, uh, Q, uh, Q
Evelyn: [Smiles] Read the bottom line again, please, but read it right to left and every other letter.
Rafe: E, X...
Danny: X, E.
Rafe: X, E. X, E, ma'am. Ma'am, I know how this looks.
Evelyn: I'm sorry, Lieutenant. I really am, but army and navy requires 20/20 vision.
Rafe: Oh, I... It's not a problem with my eyes. I mean, I can see. I mean I can hit a runnin' rabbit with a $3.00 pistol. I got a problem with letters, that's all.
Evelyn: Well, maybe after some schooling, you could come back and take the test again.
Rafe: No, I had schooling. I mean, the teachers just never knew what to make of it, I... It's just letters. I mix 'em up sometimes. That's all. I mean, I just get 'em backword sometimes. Look here. My math and spatial reasoning and my verbal scores are all excellent.
Evelyn: But you barely passed the written exam.
Danny: Yeah, but he did pass it. So it's my turn now?
Evelyn: No, you'll wait your turn.
Danny: Yes, ma'am.
Rafe: Ma'am, I'm never gonna be an English teacher. But I know why I'm here: to be a pilot. And you don't dogfight with manuals. You don't fly with gauges. I mean, it's all about feeling and speed, and lettin' that plane become like a part of your body. And that manual says that a guy who's a slow reader can't be a good pilot. That file says I'm the best pilot in this room. Ma'am, please, don't take my wings.
______________________________________________________
Rafe
: You are so beautiful it hurts.
Evelyn: It's your nose that hurts.
Rafe: I think it's my heart.
Evelyn: If I had one more night to live... I'd wanna spend it with you.
__________________________________________________________
Evelyn: Every night I watch the sunset and soak up every last ray of its warmth, and send it from my heart to yours.
_________________________________________________________
Rafe: That's what I want to come home to, that's what I want to have to think about and dream about. I wanna know that the best part of my life is still ahead of me.
Evelyn: You're acting like I didn't love you.
Rafe: Evelyn, loving you kept me alive.
__________________________________________________
Evelyn: You died Rafe. So did I.
__________________________________________________
Danny: You know, the only thing that scares me is that you might love him more than you love me.
Evelyn: I love YOU, Danny.
Admiral Kimmel: The smart enemy attacks you exactly where you think you are safe.
___________________________________________________________
Danny: You're a rotten drunk... always have been.
Rafe: Well, you're a lousy friend... that's a new development.
Evelyn: Rafe I'm pregnant... I didn't even know until the day you turned up alive... and then all this happened... I haven't told Danny... I don't want him to know. All he needs to think about is how to do this mission and get back alive. Oh Rafe, all I ever wanted was for us to have a home and grow old together, but life never asked me what I wanted. Now I'm going to give Danny my whole heart... but I don't think I'll ever look at another sunset without thinking of you... I'll love you my whole life. Rafe: Danny, you can't die. You can't die. You know why? 'Cause you're gonna be a father. You're gonna be a daddy. I wasn't supposed to tell you. You're gonna be a father.
Danny: No, you are.
Evelyn: [voiceover] When the action is over and we look back, we understand both more and less. This much is certain. Before the Doolittle raid, America knew nothing but defeat. After it, there was hope of victory. Japan realized, for the first time, they could lose and began to pull back. America realized, that she would win and surged forward. It was a war, that changed America and the world. Dorie Miller was the first black American to be awarded the Navy Cross. But he would not be the last. He joined a brotherhood of heroes. World War II, for us, began at Pearl Harbor, and 1.177 men still lie entombed in the battleship Arizona. America suffered, but America grew stronger. It was not inevitable. The times tried our souls, and through the trial, we overcame.

{I LOVE this movie. I remember the first time I saw it.
And I remember just wanting to see it over and over again.
I couldn't get enough. Such a great movie!}

Photobucket

4 comments:

Amanda said...

You seriously made me cry ;( That movie means a lot to me. Thanks for posting it. I love it so much!!!

Alicia said...

I've only seen it once. When I watched it, I bawled my eyes out for hours and decided never to voluntarily (did I spell that right?) put myself through something like that again. Oh, the emotions of that movie! I haven't seen it for years, and I still remember it well. Ha ha!

Cami Pereira said...

Krissa, this movie make me cry mhen I watch it... is so beautiful and sad.
Well, I move my blog´s adress and deteleted the old, so this is my new blog´s dress -> http://bagunaorganizada-nina.blogspot.com/

from Brzil.

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

Hey Krissa, just came across your blog, so cute. I love Pearl Harbor, I always had a HUGE crush on Ben Affleck!!! HOpe you are doing well!