Thursday, September 10, 2009

Movie Quote Friday!

Ever After

Leonardo da Vinci: You cannot leave everything to Fate, boy. She's got a lot to do. Sometimes you must give her a hand.
____________________________________________________________
Rodmilla: Some people read because they cannot think for themselves.
Rodmilla: You are not my problem anymore.
Danielle: Is that what I am, your problem? I have done everything you've asked me to do and still you deny me the only thing I ever wanted!
Rodmilla: And what was that?
Danielle: What do you think? You are the only mother I have ever known. Was there ever a time, even in its smallest measurement, that you loved me at all?
Rodmilla: How can anyone love a pebble in their shoe?
____________________________________________________
Danielle
: Forgive me, Your Highness, I did not see you.
Henry: Your aim would suggest otherwise.
Henry: Am I to understand that you find me... arrogant?
Danielle: Well, you gave one man back his life but did you even glance at the others?
__________________________________________________________
Danielle: Well you gave one man back his life but did you even glance at the others?
[Danielle tries to get away while Henry is distracted by the criminals' wagon]
Henry: Please, I beg of you. A name. Any name.
Danielle: I fear that the only name I can leave you with is Comtesse Nicole de Lancret.
Henry: There now... that wasn't so hard.
Henry: Mother, Father, I want to build a University, with the largest library on the continent, where anyone can study, no matter their station!
King Francis: All right... Who are you... and what have you done with my son?
Henry: [laughs] Oh, and I want to invite the gypsies to the ball! Danielle: I would rather die a thousand deaths than see my mother's dress on that spoiled, selfish cow!
_________________________________________________________
Henry: I feel as if my skin is the only thing keeping me from going everywhere at once. Henry: Do you really think there is only one perfect mate?
Leonardo da Vinci: As a matter of fact, I do.
Henry: Well then how can you be certain to find them? And if you do find them, are they really the one for you or do you only think they are? And what happens if the person you're supposed to be with never appears, or, or she does, but you're too distracted to notice?
Leonardo da Vinci: You learn to pay attention.
Henry: Then let's say God puts two people on Earth and they are lucky enough to find one another. But one of them gets hit by lightning. Well then what? Is that it? Or, perchance, you meet someone new and marry all over again. Is that the lady you're supposed to be with or was it the first? And if so, when the two of them were walking side by side were they both the one for you and you just happened to meet the first one first or, was the second one supposed to be first? And is everything just chance or are some things meant to be?Danielle: A bird may love a fish, signore, but where will they live?
Leonardo da Vinci: Then I shall have to make you wings.
________________________________________________________
Henry: Hello.
Danielle: Hello.
[pause]
Danielle: What are you doing here?
Henry: [sheepishly] I uh... I came to... rescue you.
Danielle: Rescue me? A commoner?
[starts to walk away]
Henry: [going after her] Actually, I came to beg your forgiveness. I offered you the world and at the first test of honor, I betrayed your trust. Please, Danielle...
Danielle: [stops, turns around] Say it again.
Henry: I'm sorry.
Danielle: No.
[smiles]
Danielle: The part where you said my name.
Henry: [smiling] Danielle.
_______________________________________________________
Henry: I kneel before you not as a prince, but as a man in love... But I would feel like a king if you, Danielle De Barbarac, would be my wife.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Camilla said...

I love this movie!
Here in Brazil is "Pra sempre Cinderella".

● C E L I N A ● said...

i LOVE how she looks when she enters the ball.

She just exudes confidence.

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Such a good one!!!