Sunday, May 3, 2009

Oh Jen!


This CD was a saving grace on the road trip.
Every song is wonderful. I loved it.
I wish Jen was a friend of mine. Maybe someday.
I can't tell you how many times we listened to it.
Before each song is a little quote.
This one really struck me. It actually made me cry.

"When a pending pain is so big, there is an inner place
that a soul will go to keep from breaking.
A place where it sits and holds terribly still,

an emotional coma that allows the heart a moment of Peace
so that we can begin to heal. In this place we find a void,
where there is no feeling, no up, no down, no sound, no taste."


I think we can all relate to that.
I know there will be many times in the future I will feel that type of pain again.
And I am not looking forward to it. But it is inevitable.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Micaela said...

THIS... this stung my heart.

I can't hear "why don't you stay" without crying.

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I love love love Sugarland and especially this CD.

I also have read this quote over and over in the CD jacket - pretty much every time I listen to the song it goes with because it just makes the song that much better!