Can I say I am frustrated.
I am frustrated and I have come to the realization that its my fault.
I am tired of being taken advantage of.
I would say I am a nice person.
And I tend to put others before me. A lot of times I do this.
I think it is time for me to put myself first. Is that wrong?
Right now,I dont think it is.
I think it is a way of having respect for yourself, right?
I need to be more assertive and not so passive.
Passive allows people to take advantage of you and what you do for them.
I am just so tired of it.
(Sorry for the venting)






5 comments:
It's taken years of punches for me to understand there is just people in your life that suck the life out of ya. You don't have to be around them. Like them, but not hang out. So sorry you have some of those in your life. You do what keeps you up and running. That is thinking of yourself in a good way though. You can better help others if your up and running.
Laughed at your Anthro comment. Hmm.. Should have thought that through. I would have shared the goods with you in a quarterly shopping spree :)
I refer to these people as emotional vampires. And they are not of the Cullen variety...
You need to take care of yourself. That is not to say become self centered- there's a balance there that you have to find. I think for everyone it's a little different. You'll figure it out.
You cannot pour from an empty cup- by taking care of yourself you're really taking care of those around you. Healthy boundaries are needed; I think that as women, we are sometimes viewed as selfish if there is a period of time where we have to put our needs first. You can put your needs first and still be kind and caring and helpful to others. You just have to figure out how to balance it so it works for you.
You'll get it- it just takes a while sometimes.
This is what your 20's are for! There's lots of growth- and sometimes it just sucks but that's how you learn.
ok... I'm officially turning into my mother.
I hope that my comment didn't come across as preachy- it was certianly not intended that way.
I'll be the first to tell you I'm a complete idiot! ;)
I understand your frustration. You are a very unselfish person, you are very caring and considerate and when friends/people do not have the same consideration or caring it is confusing to you. YOU take care of YOU. Others need to see what a treasure they have with you in their life. You are a treasure to me.
Oh girl, I'm right there with you!!! I struggle with this all the time. I don't know when it's ok to keep turning the other cheek, or when it's time to stand up and say enough is enough. My problem is I let the same people do it over and over again too. I just assume family and friends won't do this to me, but sometimes they just do. I have to believe that they just don't realize what they are doing. Like everyone else said you have to take care of yourself, it's a very long and hard process, as I still don't have it down.
Hang in there! (I think we learn this from our very unselfish mothers, I see my mom being taken advantage of all the time. We'll send them the therapy bill) HEHEHE =)
Post a Comment