Friday, February 26, 2010

a letter to HIB

{let me preface this by telling you that if you are unsure as to who HIB is then I would like to refer you to this post.
And for those of you who saw my status on FB, well this is why}


Dear HIB,

I finally made it to institute last night with Amanda. {after I think, 3 weeks of being unable to go}
You were there. {my heart skipped a beat}
No, I did not get the chance to talk to you, I am sorry.
I know. Please don’t be disappointed.
I did smile and you smiled back. {I’m taking baby steps}
But I have to admit.
Something weird happened. {And I am trying to figure out why.}
For whatever reason about halfway through the evening {after the smile} all the sudden you and your friends just kept looking over where we were standing.
It was weird.
It happened several times.
It reminded me of High School.
Completely awkward!
Ugh!
I left last night feeling more hopeless than ever.
I am now worried about next week.

xoxo,
your crush who is much too shy to approach you and secretly hoping you will take the first step

10 comments:

Jules AF said...

Why were they looking?!?

Erin Cox said...

awe deary, boys are so complicated aren't they??

keep on smilin' and i'm sure that boy will come around sooner or later. I have a feeling it was a good thing they were looking over.

I know you've probably been told this a million times, but don't sweat the small stuff, and just keep being yourself, cuz once you guys finally do talk he'll see what a beautiful person you are and wish he had approached you sooner : )

Amanda said...

Ya know I'm just gonna go with that they thought you were totally hott :) And that is why they were looking and laughing. They were laughing cause they were teasing your HIB about being too scared to talk to you. That is my theory lol oh and his smile was pretty perfect :)

Belen said...

*DIES* I know how you feel! Oh that's so me and Mr. Bank Teller. But lucky for you, you have more chances to get this going with him, yknow? I see him about once or twice every 2 weeks. :(

tammy said...

I'm with Amanda.

Alyssa said...

Krissa i am loving these HIB stories!! you MUST go back next week! we need the next instalment!

Anonymous said...

Lady! More deets please?! Maybe you need to take a step towards him!? What if you intimidate him?!

Jessica said...

Hiya! Thanks for the comment. Fingers crossed.

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Krissa--I definitely believe they were looking at you because they were intrigued. Yes, you HAVE to go back on Thursday! Maybe this time say, "Hi" when you smile! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this! I never have the courage to say something, I just stare, um, look casually when I get the chance. This is just like me and Hot Usher (who turned out to be Hot Sunday Usher AND Hot Wednesday Night Usher) swoon. I must admit, HU has gotten me to come to church regularly and to a particular service time instead of willy nilly. And sometimes I have to force myself to sit away from his section or I won't focus on the sermon. Le sigh. My fam sat with some friends this Sunday in a spot far and away from HU so I had to catch glimpses when I could. Good thing he kept walking by in the hall after service in his Hot Usher shades with his Hot Usher swagger. Swoon. Sorry this was long, I had to finally admit it to someone.