Friday, November 13, 2009

...Randomness...


* A year ago today I had the vertical sleeve done. I can't believe it has been a year. Sometime {in the near future} I will post pictures of me a year ago and me now. I still see myself as the person I was a year ago, and that needs to change. My mom introduced me to the term 'phantom fat' ,,,
Some specialists use the term “phantom fat” to refer to this phenomenon of feeling fat and unacceptable after weight loss.

“People who were formerly overweight often still carry that internal image, perception, with them,” says Elayne Daniels, a psychologist, who specializes in body-image issues. “They literally feel as if they’re in a large body still.”

Daniels and other experts suspect this may happen because the brain hasn’t “caught up” with the new, leaner body, particularly for people who were obese for many years and then experienced rapid weight loss.

“Body image is a lot harder to change than the actual physical body is,” Daniels says.

{Don't get me wrong I still have more weight to lose.}

* Right now, I am trying to talk myself into getting on the scale. I hate the scale. It has this power to put someone in a bad mood.

* Last night I ventured out to an activity alone. It was weird. But I think it was good practice. Getting out of my comfort zone.

* I should not go grocery shopping when I am hungry. Bad idea!

* I have work off today. And tonight I am going to see the So You Think You Can Dance tour...I am so excited!

* And if you are interested in being part of an ornament swap stop by Micaela's blog to find out how. This is the first swap I have ever been in, and I am super excited!

* I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

{photo from here, I love her work.}

signatureclear

2 comments:

Micaela said...

you look AMAZING!!! really. amazing.

i love your strength.

i love your friendship.

thanks for blogging about my swap- i am SO delighted to have you.

xoxoxo

Walters Family said...

You are AWESOME and BEAUTIFUL!!