Thursday, August 27, 2009

Movie Quote Friday!

Music and Lyrics

Sophie Fisher: A melody is like seeing someone for the first time. The physical attraction. Sex.
Alex Fletcher: I so get that.
Sophie Fisher: But then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics. Their story. Who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magic.
Alex Fletcher: The best time I've had in the last fifteen years was sitting at that piano with you.
Sophie Fisher: That's wonderfully sensitive... especially from a man who wears such tight pants.
Alex Fletcher: It forces all the blood to my heart.
Greg Antonsky: Maybe you want something more commercial. More Pop-y.
Alex Fletcher: Just hold that thinly veiled insult on second. Alex Fletcher: It doesn't have to be perfect. Just spit it out. They're just lyrics.
Sophie Fisher: "Just lyrics"?
Alex Fletcher: Lyrics are important. They're just not as important as melody.
Sophie Fisher: I really don't think you get it.
Alex Fletcher: Oh. You look angry. Click your pen.
Sophie Fisher: A melody is like seeing someone for the first time. The physical attraction. Sex.
Alex Fletcher: I so get that.
Sophie Fisher: But then, as you get to know the person, that's the lyrics. Their story. Who they are underneath. It's the combination of the two that makes it magical.
Alex Fletcher: [Sophie moves a chair] What are you doing, you madwoman, you're wrecking my apartment!
Sophie Fisher: Well, I can't write sitting all the way across the room.
Alex Fletcher: No, go back to your corner!
Sophie Fisher: ...Fine, all right.
[goes, leaving the chair where she moved it]
Alex Fletcher: I'm blocked. How am I supposed to get out?
Sophie Fisher: Go out the other side.
Alex Fletcher: But... but... I've never been out the other side.
Alex Fletcher: [start of Way Back Into Love Demo Version] Way Back Into Love, take one.
Sophie Fisher: I-uh-I'm getting really nervous.
Alex Fletcher: You'll be fine, just use your normal, nice voice that I've heard... so much over the last three days.
Sophie Fisher: It's like, ugh, my throat's closing up. It's, like, anaphylactic.
[cough]
Alex Fletcher: It's fine, it's just a three-minute song. Alex Fletcher: [singing] It's never been easy for me / To find words to go along with a melody / But this time there's actually something on my mind / So please forgive these few brief awkward lines / Ever since I met you my life is changed / It's more than just my furniture you've rearranged / I was living in the past / But somehow you've brought me back / And I haven't felt this way / Since before Frankie said "Relax" / And though I know / Based on my track record / I might not seem like the safest bet / All I'm asking you / Is don't write me off just yet / For years I've been telling myself the same old stories / That I was happy to live off my so-called former glories / But you've given me a reason / To take another chance / Now I need you / Despite the fact that you've killed all my plants / And though I know / I've already blown more chances / Than anyone should ever get / All I'm asking you / Is don't write me off just yet.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Ty & Shay Nansel said...

I LOVE this movie! Whenever i watch it, that "Pop goes my heart" song is STUCK in my head! I love it!!! Good choice for friday movie!!

shilvia said...

love love love!!! i'll never say no to re run of this :)

David and Natalie Reheis said...

LOVE it!!!! Great one!!!

Taren said...

i thought i wasn't gonna love again and then POP goes my heart... love this movie. dearly.