Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Truth Is....

… I like to cook and bake. But I found I am more comfortable baking. I need to have a recipe to follow. I am worried if there is no recipe I will mess it up. Seems like it’s much easier to mess things up when you’re cooking. Like noodles and rice.

… I ran a mile yesterday. A MILE. {Never done that in my life.} Back in Junior High and High School I absolutely hated every Wednesday when we had to run the mile. I only ran the straights. If that. I tried many times to get out of it too…whether I was sick, cramping, sprained ankle. I tried it all. But my Mom and Jessica have inspired me to run. Plus I wanna do a 5k in January.

… I will not go out of the house without mascara on.

… I am ready to change my blog look. Yet again. This is also a reason I could never get a tattoo or those personalized license plates. I change things all the time. I could never decide on something permanent like that.

… Growing up we used to go to the public pool a lot during the summer. And there are songs that completely take me back to that time. Like yesterday listening to the radio, champagne supernova came on. Totally reminded me of those days.

… On that note. I still need a swimsuit. I am thinking of this one…or this one….or both.

13 comments:

Jessica/Patrick said...

Here's the thing with cooking. Who's gonna know if you mess it up!? Just tell them its a new dish.
I'm SO glad I got to be there when you ran your mile!! SO SO SO proud!!!! And WE WILL do the 5k in January.

Come to think of it, I've never seen you without mascara on. You've seen me without it plenty of times. Like about every time we go to the gym.

I like your blog, but I understand the need to change. I'm sure whatever you decide to do it will look cute :D

Seriously, what radio station is playing Champagne Supernova?! And why were you listening to the radio when I KNOW there are Glee cd's to be listened to!

And both swimsuits are cute. But I think I'm leaning more towards the striped one.

And thats what the longest comment ever looks like!

tammy said...

Cute swimsuits. I think you need both.

I love to bake too, but sadly haven't been able to much thanks to my diet. I miss it. And I also miss eating what I bake *sigh*.

Jules AF said...

If you don't use a recipe while baking, it WILL mess up because of all the chemical interactions and whatnot. (If that's the right word for it.)

Krissa said...

Jessica- I still think I beat you in length of comment...haha...

But mushy noodles and rice...not good.

My iPod was messing up and I needed to update the playlist so I had to resort to the radio. I was listening to 96.9...

I actually have gone to the gym before without masacara. like once or twice. but i am usually coming from work. and i will not go to work without it. i would scare people. haha.

Tammy- I think i agree...i think i want both..haha...and i just made a cheesecake last night and i cant think of anything else...haha

Boob Nazi- thats exactly why i like to bake...you have to follow the recipe. when you cook..not so much.

Claire Kiefer said...

Swimsuit shopping is the hardest! I'm scared to order them online because I want to try them on and make sure they look cute first . . . but it's terrible staring into those horrifying lights & mirrors in the dressing room, so who knows what's best? ha!

Krista RN BScN said...

Haha, I'm the same way with mascara! The one thing that I NEED to put on before leaving the house. My eyes just look... weird without it! Almost like a different person!

Congrats on running a mile! That's awesome! You'll rock the 5k in January! :)

http://liveloverunthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Callie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Callie said...

You are really good at baking! A mile is a big step! I can't run a mile! I way proud of you! And the first swimsuit is my fav! Love it!

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

Super cute swimsuits... get both, I DARE you :-)

Bonnie said...

Both suits are super cute!!

We are opposite because that is exactly why I like cooking over baking because I dont like to be restricted to exact amounts and only certain ingredients like with baking.
Great job with running the mile!! :)

Divaa Divine said...

my average is two miles a day :) it does feel greattttttttttt afterwards!

Anonymous said...

You should go for both suits! they are both so cute and thats what i do when i can't decide! haha :)

Heather (wife, mom) said...

Came over from MMB- Love both the suits, and I'm totally the same about preferring baking over cooking. :)