Wednesday, October 14, 2009

expressing in words

One of the neatest things about blogging is how you can get to know and relate to other bloggers out there. I have been fortunate enough to get to know Meg...I think this woman is amazing. She is so inspiring and such a great writer. She is the one who inspired me to write those letters to 'future husband.' I have been thinking a lot lately on a couple things and she posted the thoughts I was having a hard time expressing.

Check out her post HERE

The thought entered my mind a couple weeks ago that, what if I am sharing too much on my blog? and what if he sees it? I don't think I am prepared for him to read any of it. It is quite personal. And I think it might just scare him. So I have been kind of hesitant in posting letters to him. I have written a couple. But they just sit there as drafts.

I have also been thinking a lot on finding him {someday.}

And lately that thought scares me. And I can't quite express why. And I just go back to how Meg said it,
"so you've been traveling all your life in search of this person and then you find them and it's halting--that metaphorical slamming of the brakes. halting? no, not the right word. i mean the force of that stop--traumatic at best. and yes, it's thrilling and yes it's the beginning of everything, but in that moment and the immediate aftermath, i imagine it's nothing short of utterly terrifying"

and that is exactly how I have been feeling. that while it will be exciting I think, I know, I will be terrified at the same time. because in that moment. everything changes.

{Thank you Meg!}
Photobucket

2 comments:

heather said...

I say write those letters! On pretty stationary. And shove them in a special envelope and hide it in your underwear drawer.

In the process of writing to him, you'll probably learn a lot about yourself. And the person you are wanting/ looking for.

Maybe they're more for you than for him. But save 'em. It could be a fun thing to read on the flight to Hawaii for you honeymoon. ;)

meg fee said...

you said it perfectly: "because in that moment. everything changes" oh, goose pimples!!

i think its amazing you're so honest and i think he'll love that about you.

wanna know a secret: sometimes (as much as i fear it) i secretly hope he's google searching me. euf.

i like to think that as much as our honesty might scare the men of our futures, it will also comfort them and make them fall in love with us--and that in the end those latter things will win!