Friday, October 16, 2009

Movie Quote Friday!

Enchanted

Narrator: Once upon a time, in a magical kingdom known as Andalasia, there lived an evil queen. Selfish and cruel, she lived in fear that one day her stepson would marry and she would lose her throne forever. And so she did all in her power to prevent the prince from ever meeting the one special maiden with whom he would share true love's kiss.
Giselle: Why are you staring at me?
Robert: I don't know. It's just that... it's like you escaped from a Hallmark card or something.
Giselle: Is that a bad thing?
Giselle: Nobody has been very nice to me.
Robert: Yeah, well, welcome to New York.
Giselle: Thank you.
_________________________________________________________
Giselle
: Now if only I can find a place to rest my head for the night.
Robert Philip: What kind of place?
Giselle: I don't know. Maybe a nearby meadow or a hollow tree.
Robert Philip: A hollow tree?
Giselle: Or a house full of dwarves. I hear they're very hospitable.
Giselle: [after Robert knocks on the bathroom door] Hello?
Robert: Okay, you know what? You gotta go. Look, I don't know what your deal is, if you're waiting around for Prince Charming or you're just...?
Giselle: Prince Edward.
Robert: Whatever. Look, I'll get you to a bus, a train, a plane, a whatever, then, that's it. After that, I can't... I can't get involved after that.
[Giselle emerges from the bathroom in a bright blue dress]
Robert: Where did you get that?
Giselle: I made it. Do you like it?
[Robert notices dress-shaped holes in his curtains, and looks quite shocked]
Giselle: You're unhappy.
Robert: *You made a dress out of my curtains*?
Giselle: Oh, you are unhappy!
Prince Edward: [talking to a TV] Magic Mirror. I beg you. Tell me where she is!
Mary Ilene Caselotti: [on TV] Reporting from 116th and Broadway.
Prince Edward: One hundred and sixteenth and Broadway!
[hugs the TV]
Prince Edward: Thank you mirror!
[kisses it and runs off]
Robert: You know most normal people get to know each other before they get married. They date.
Giselle: Date?
Robert: Yeah, you know. Date.
[Giselle shakes her head not understanding]
Robert: You go someplace special, like a restaurant, or a movie, or museum, or you just hang out and you talk.
Giselle: What do you talk about?
Robert: About each other. About yourself. About your interests, your likes your dislikes, you talk.
[both laugh]
Giselle: Oh, you have such strange ideas about love.
Robert: Maybe we should just do what you do. You meet, you have lunch, and you get married.
Giselle: Oh, you forgot about happily ever after.
Robert: Forget about happily ever after, it doesn't exist.
Giselle: [after Robert has cured her, with love's true kiss] I knew it was you.
[kisses him again]
____________________________________________________

Giselle: Dreams do come true.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Samantha said...

I LOVE this movie! Amy Adams did such a great job:)

Rhianne said...

i love enchanted! Amy Adams was perfect x

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Yay!! So cute!

Cami Pereira said...

Here in Brazil call "Encantada". I love this movie ´cause I have it in my computer too.