Friday, June 5, 2009

Movie Quote Friday!

The Lake House

Kate: [voice over] Dear new tenant, welcome to your new home. I'm sure you'll love living here as much as I did.
Alex: What do you mean lived here?
Kate: Since no one has lived in this house for years.
Alex: I'm married too. I've got eight children and none of them look like me. I'm worried, Kate.
Kate: I would be too.
Alex: [chuckles] I'm single.
Kate: He's not my boyfriend.
Alex: What is he, then? Your brother?
Kate: Oh, we have a comedian! What, did you eat clown for breakfast?
Alex: Wonderful. Our first fight.
Kate's Mother: He sounds like a nice boy.
Kate: [disbelievingly] Anything else?
Kate's Mother: You mean the time-thing? That's just a detail.
Alex: [after he saw her at the subway station in 2004] I don't know if you remember but, we saw each other. That is, I saw you. You never told me... how beautiful you were.
Kate: Well, maybe you saw someone else. That was a bad hair year for me.
Alex: Long brown hair, gentle unguarded eyes...
Kate: OK, OK. You saw me. But I still don't know what you look like.
Alex: What's it like in the year 2006?
Kate: Well, I'm afraid the world's pretty much the same. Of course, we all dress in shiny metal jumpsuits and drive flying cars and no one talks anymore because we can read each other's minds... but, the truth is, from the past, not much has really changed in 2006.
Alex: I saw her. I kissed her. I love her.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

Oh good movie choice - I looove this movie!

P.S. I still haven't gotten around to watching P.S. I love you. :/

heather said...

I thought this movie was so cute!!

LissaMarie said...

this was a good choice! i love this movie!