This seems like it has been a long weekend. I mean looking back I feel like New Year's Eve was more than just a few days ago.
This weekend started early for me. As I had a half day on Thursday so I could get a nap in before staying up late for ringing in the New Year. Randon and Callie made the trip from Tucson to ring in the New Year with us. We played games ate some delicious food. Watched them ring in the New Year on TV. We didn't even go outside to welcome the New as we normally do. We stayed up late and chatted and played games. It was great! {And next year I am hoping that I will have someone to kiss}
Friday we slept in...and hung out with Randon and Callie before they left back to Tucson. Friday night was interesting. {Mom, Dad, Ty and I} We were just getting ready to watch Night at the Museum 2...when the power went out. So as we scrambled for lighting {candles, flashlight, the cool lighter app on my phone} we waited for the power to spring back on. As it usually does. We decided to call SRP...it was to come back on at 2 am...mind you it was midnight. So we decided to stay up and play games by candlelight and talk. 2 am came and went. We called again. It was to be turned back on at 11. 11 am people. So we decided to stay up a little longer and then try to get some sleep. The house was so quiet. But I slept great. Thank Heavens that happened now and not in the dead of summer. That would of been killer.
Saturday was a huge cleaning and organizing day. I got ride of a huge bag of clothes and a huge bag of trash. We also went and saw Shaylee's new house {super cute bytheway} and helped her move some stuff in. Finshed off the day with more cleaning and then watching some Food Network and we finally decided to finish Night at the Museum {again}.
Out church time changed today to 2 pm. I dont know about you but I would much rather go to church at 8. I love feeling like I have the whole rest of the day to do stuff. But it was good. Amanda and I kept our same primary class {thank heavens} I love those kids. And tonight we had a nice family dinner and games here at home.
Tomorrow is Monday and I am not sure I am ready for it. I am ready to get back into my normal schedule after the crazy holidays and stuff.
Happy New Year to you all and I hope you have a great Monday!!!
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
I would die with 8am church. I don't even go to church, and it's at 1pm. It's just so difficult.
Nights in on New Years are always the best!
There is no way it can be a let down :)
Happy New Year xx
Playing games by candlelight sounds like a lot of fun!
And when did Shaylee get a house!? That's crazy!
I seriously have been missing so much! I need serious help with my blog before YOU read it....eek! I need pointers for all the cuteness!
You're hilarious :)
Post a Comment