I have a theory.
When I share with someone {be it my mom, my sister(s) or girlfriends} about a crush I have,
that act of sharing jinxes any possible hope for anything to happen with said crush.
Anyone else have a problem with this?
Because it might just be me, I’m sure.
{So… everything I told Amanda last night has been jinxed..yes yay me.}
However, I am sharing this story {because I know you want to know} and because I already know there is no possible chance of anything happening with said fellow. He is, well, just too good to be true. You know tall, dark, handsome, beautiful smile, amazing eyes {oh those eyes} and those lips…okay, okay…back to the story. Lets name him ‘Hot Institute Boy’…or HIB for short, {good? good? I have to make sure that acronym doesn’t stand for anything inappropriate… I don’t think it does, so moving on}.
The following is a true account. {Not dramatized at all}
We first met a few years ago. Kelly and I were in the same institute class with HIB. And this is what happened. I was sitting on an aisle seat. HIB was sitting across the aisle. So we had say no more than 2 feet between us. After singing the opening song ‘random institute person’ got up to say prayer. I closed my hymn book, and a paper I had on the desk flew to the ground. I attempt to get said paper but the prayer starts. So at end of prayer I realize to get paper I have to get out of my seat. Not a crucial paper I decide to get it when class is over. No biggie. Well HIB gets said paper for me. How nice, yes. {that’s not what matters, its coming}…{please read the following slowly and in a dramatic tone} as he leans in to hand me said paper, he smiles that smile, and we connect {eye contact} um for say somewhere around 10 minutes. {okay okay… it was probably more like 3 seconds maybe 5} but it felt like 10 minutes. {He may have well just taken my heart right then.} I sit up. Think to self, hmm that was interesting. Then wondering if I am crazy and imagined it I look at Kelly. She confirms, I wasn’t crazy that did just happen. {well not the 10 minutes part}. We made eye contact many a times that semester.
{okay, on a side note… What do you all think of eye contact? Overrated? I personally LOVE it. It means something to me. Probably not to the other person but it means something to me. Okay back to the story. I know its intense, you’re on the edge of your seat.}
I never talked to HIB that entire semester. I attempted too, I tried to get the courage. {You can imagine my difficulty approaching this perfect guy in all my personal awkwardness} Anyways. I remember the last day of institute that semester. Kelly and I casually waited in the foyer. You know not being obvious, but obviously completely obvious at the same time. Waiting for the right moment. A girl asked him out on a date while we were waiting. I couldn’t handle it. We left.
{Another side note. Girls approach HIB like a light attracts bugs {no I am not referring to those girls as bugs, not at all} … But I really think he is shy. He doesn’t do the approaching. He is always approached. {How difficult that must be…pshh}. But I really get the sense that he is more reserved.}
For months after institute maybe even a year or so okay even now…I always said how much I regretted that I did not talk to him. {Kelly has heard me say so many time how much I regret that}
Okay so fast forward to last night….. Amanda and I went to an institute specifically for 24 and older {and whoever thought of this, genius} There were tons of people. We congregated to the gym for socializing afterward. {that’s the whole reason some people go} and we are talking to a few people who we knew who approached us. {Because I am still trying to learn how to approach people.} And guess what….standing no more than 4 feet in front of me…HIB! Yup, he was there and I was shocked! I immediately pointed him out to Amanda, and relayed my past experience with HIB. {I am completely surprised that he is still single. How could he be? Still doesn’t make sense.} Anywho, I was probably staring at him the whole time. Okay not really, I made an effort to not be an obvious weirdo girl. Because he would have no idea who I am. I don’t look the same. {Well unless he fell in love with me at that moment 3 or so years ago, and was always meaning to talk to me like I him, and has been searching for me ever since…haha}
But oh that brightened my night. Now…I don’t want to have the same regret I had so long ago. So. I am determined to talk to him. And since I know it’s purely for my satisfaction of taking care of said past regret maybe it will be easier. Because I know there’s no chance for anything else. Now the big problem is getting those bugs girls away from him…hmm….
{sorry its so long}






14 comments:
What an interesting story!!! I'm intrigued... he seems mysterious this HIB. Oh, and eye contact??? HUGE deal, at least to me. It means he is comfortable enough to look you in the eye, not right through you.
Don't mind those bugs - ahem, i mean other girls. To you they shouldn't exist... then hopefully he will follow suit. : )
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
You are totally leaving me hanging!!!! Good thing I'll get the story again tonight! Boo ya!
Oh nevermind...so you haven't talked to him him? Do you know if you'll ever see him again????
OH MAN! How exciting!
I totally believe the jinxing thing. I also believe however if you act nonchalant.. like whatever happens happens.. then you have a better chance of getting it. And you totally did that by putting it on your blog.
And maybe it's ok because he's the one! Only time will tell.. keep me updated! :)
I hate eye contact. It makes me so freaking uncomfortable.
Okay so this was pretty hilarious cause well I'm in it but also because I have a plan it might not be brilliant but it will certainly work you will have no more regrets. Girl life is a bunch of little moments saw through several time stopping eye contact sessions. Its the ones you remember the most that will stick with you for forever. Try hard to remember that its okay to be shy and to be head over hills in lurv with the guy.. You had a moment remember!!
KRISSA! OH KRISSA KRISSA KRISSA!
I relate SO. SO. SOOOO well. Your HIB, is like my CRM (crotch rocket man... sigh, remembering his face melts me). I'm always thinking about him.
We'd smiles a lot from across the room and/or we'd catch each other staring. I went most of the semester hardly saying much to him, but it wasn't really til the last day of class that I tried talking more to him (as I waited for my car-pool buddy to wrap up her final [he'd locked his keys in his car and was waiting for help]). After that, I never saw him again.
And it KILLS me.
He was my dream man come true, I'm serious. When I first laid eyes on him the first day of class, he took my breathe away. I was shocked that someone I've been making up in my head (physically for the most part) since I was younger actually existed.
So you can see why it kills me to not know where he is now. And after reading this post, I seriously hope that he's out there still single, and that I'll run into him again.
Krissa you should write books! You are an amazing writer:) I can't wait till you talk to this guy and tell us more!!!!
Yay! Go talk to him! Be bold! I'm sending good thoughts your way!
OH MY GOODNESS, LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I was reading every line feeling like it happened to me. LOL
eye contact-- oh i am the same way. Even with people i don't even know, eye contact is so important. Like the person who checks you out at the convinient store even. It's important. So when a guy does it... when you feel THAT amazing feeling... that connection, it MEANS something.
I CAN NOT wait to hear more about this, and YES YES YES go up to him please. :)
this made me all kinds of happy!!!
Okay-I found your blog through MMB. Your blog is one of the much cuter and way more entertaining than most any other blogs I have stocked recently. You sound like a real fun chick and I think I will stop by again. :)
Gosh that had me hooked! TALK TO HIM! PLEASE!
I am waiting for further stories of HIB!
Do it do it DO IT. Regrets suck.
I'm new here, but I'll be back!
p.s. lurve the shoes in the header. sassy.
I can so relate. Even though it's been awhile, since the dating theing, but I totally think there is something to eye contact, especially when it happens over and over. You can sense when someone looks at you and they're into you. Talk to him!! He probably was/is shy, or not really sure you were into him and didn't want to put himself out there.
Let us know what happens.
Oh and I am totally superstitious too.
Post a Comment