Anne of Green Gables
Anne Shirley: My life is a perfect graveyard of buried hopes. That's a sentence I read once and I say it over to comfort myself in these times that try the soul.
______________________________________________________
Aunt Josephine: Make a little room in your plans for romance again, Anne, girl. All the degrees and scholarships in the world can't make up for the lack of it.
______________________________________________________
Mrs. Cadbury: Tell me what you know about yourself.
Anne Shirley: Well, it really isn't worth telling, Mrs. Cadbury... but if you let me tell you what I IMAGINE about myself you'd find it a lot more interesting.
Anne Shirley: Can't you even IMAGINE you're in the depths of despair?Marilla Cuthbert: No I cannot. To despair is to turn your back on God.
____________________________________________________
Anne Shirley: Mrs. Hammond told me that God made my hair red on purpose and I've never cared for Him since.
Anne Shirley: Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it._______________________________________________
Anne Shirley: I know I chatter on far too much... but if you only knew how many things I want to say and don't. Give me SOME credit.
Anne Shirley: Ruby Gillis says when she grows up, she wants to have a line of beaus on a string and make them crazy for her. I'd rather have ONE in his rightful mind. {Anne I absolutely agree}__________________________________________________________
Aunt Josephine: I like people who make me like them. Saves me so much trouble forcing myself to like them.
Aunt Josephine: Wealth can be very empty when you don't have someone to share it with. But by the time I realized that, no one would have me... except men who wanted my money more than I did.__________________________________________________________
Anne Shirley: And I promise I'll never do it again. That's the one good thing about me. I never do the same wrong thing twice.
Gilbert Blythe: Psst! Carrots! Carrots!______________________________________________________
Anne Shirley: Would you please call me Cordelia?
______________________________________________________
Anne Shirley: I've never belonged to anyone!
Anne Shirley: Wilt thou give me a lock of thy jet-black tresses?Diana Barry: I don't have any black dresses!
____________________________________________________
Miss Stacy: True friends are always together in spirit.
{okay....I have seen this movie once. a LONG time ago. I need to watch it again...and I think I would like to read the books again too. Thanks Brittany for the suggestion. Anyone else have a suggestion just let me know. }
{oh and my Dad suggested this ONE....I'll just point you in the right direction in case you would like to check it out...we have sat through it twice. And I don't even know how or why but we did. For some reason they show it on New Year's Eve. At least that was when we caught it. both times. and somehow it just sucks you in like a bad infomercial.}






11 comments:
I still have never seen nor read Anne of Green Gables! That is on my list to read... along with 400 other books!
I meant neither... not never. Whatever.
Yet another one of my favourites!
Anne of Green Gables is one of the most amazingly sweet books to read! OH and watch :)
one of my very, very favorites. i love anne with an e.
I LOVE the anne of green gables books. And I so do wish I had this movie (as well as Anne of Avonlea). Good choice...
Soo many amazing quotes just from one movie!
Anne with an "e" is aboselutely my favorite! I used to watch it all the time! David says that a good friend and a kindred spirit are the same things...please. He just needs to watch this!
hahahahhaa oh and I have seen Killer Klowns from Outerspace!!!
omg i ove anne of green gables!!!! ever since i was a child! such a funny girl!!!
xo
B
I'm so glad you did this one! It's one of my favorite movies of all time! When you do decide to watch it...make sure I'm there to share in the joy! :)
I, on the other hand, have seen this movie a hundred times, and I adore it! Thanks for reminding me of all the wonderful quotes. I might just have to re-watch it again soon!
Post a Comment