Last night was the last night for support group being offered at Banner Good Sams. The center is closing. And last night was the last meeting that they will hold. And I think EVERYONE showed up. It was neat to see so many people. And what a GREAT group of people they are. It has been so great to be surrounded with such great support. To know that there are others who understand what I am feeling. Last night something stuck out that someone said:
Success is ultimately up to you!
No one can make you successful and no one can make you unsuccessful. Bottom line the choice is mine. It is really weird to think that I am a little over 2 months out. Really weird. But I am so happy to be on this side of the fence. And I am so lucky to be surrounded with such amazing support at home. I think that may be why I am not panicked about the center closing. My family and friends have been a great support. I'm so lucky in that sense, because sadly some people don't have that support. I think we are going to try to go to the support group offered at Banner Gateway. But thankfully we will still be in contact with those from Good Sams group through the website. Also I am planning on hiking Havasupai in May with my Mom and other members from that group.
Success is ultimately up to you!
No one can make you successful and no one can make you unsuccessful. Bottom line the choice is mine. It is really weird to think that I am a little over 2 months out. Really weird. But I am so happy to be on this side of the fence. And I am so lucky to be surrounded with such amazing support at home. I think that may be why I am not panicked about the center closing. My family and friends have been a great support. I'm so lucky in that sense, because sadly some people don't have that support. I think we are going to try to go to the support group offered at Banner Gateway. But thankfully we will still be in contact with those from Good Sams group through the website. Also I am planning on hiking Havasupai in May with my Mom and other members from that group.






2 comments:
there's a great quote out there that says, "you become successful the moment you decide to be" or something like that and I love that. i know as an actor I feel mysefl pushing success away unconsciously. i gotta work on that. last week on the trip up to Connecticut I realized I was still clinging to Ned in my chest--holding on ever so tight. So I sat there and tried to unwrap his little fingers. Ever so gently, but with great strength. i feel so much better now. ever so much better and I feel like that was the real first step in inviting success in--saying, hey i refuse to buy in to the notion that success is dependent on my weight!
all my love to you and best of luck
You just have to stick with it. And, you can get support in a lot of places. Good luck.
Post a Comment