My mom has taught me so much. Amongst that is the skill of Road Rage. Yes. Road Rage. Now its not that kind of road rage. Showing THE finger or cutting someone off. It's the talking kind. Of course no one else can hear it. Only those in the car. There have been a few times that we are both in the car. And at the same time we make these off the wall remarks. {ie. move over fatso, hello stupid!} Sometimes they are the same or very similar. This is usually followed by some laughter.
I came to a realization that when I do find 'that guy' he will NOT be allowed to ride with the both of us in the car until after we are married. It can be scary and overwhelming. Maybe I could warm him up to it. I'm not sure. But seeing us both going off at some stupid driver could be scary. Okay it is scary.
Thanks for teaching me mom.
{I have passed the lovin' along and taught maybe trained my friends in Road Rage}
Stay tuned...I made a Honey Bun cake last night and will post the recipe to Oh Snap!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Haha!! Yeah I was trained too!! It is quite hilarious to hear you two say things about dumb drivers!!
HAHA! Sounds like me! Although, I've managed not to have too many outbursts when others are in the cars...
I guess if this is the worst thing I taught you... then I am getting off easy, I think. (Although, it probably hasn't been). We do sure have fun in the car together. I had to laugh reading this as it brought back so many memories and so many good laughs. It is almost at the point where we try and come up with the most unique thing to say about the stupid driver. We have fun and we don't bottle the anger inside us... I would say that is success in expressing ourselves.
oh. oh. oh. I was with one of my more SPIRITED cousins (on my mom's side) and by spirited I mean, she has totally done time in jail.
one day she was with me and i had my windows down and mr. (or was it a ms?) minnestoa (you know they are hands down the worst!!) was doing something (probably driving one mile and hour, or using the left lane as a turn lane) and i yelled "GO BACK TO MINNESOTA!!" out the window as we passed.
my cousin was totally shocked but i didn't think anything of it until she pointed it out to me.
funny memory.
and so the point is
yes. i hear you. i've been there too.
Post a Comment