Tuesday, March 22, 2011

This might just be a bunch of mumble jumble…

I went on a date Saturday. It was a blind date. Set up by a sweet girl, {I am good friends with her cousin and she reads this here little blog}….hi Jenna!...

I was really looking forward to this date…. But it just didn’t go as well as I was hoping… Which was sad because early in the week this boy and I had been texting… and conversation seemed good over text…

Then the date came…I felt like there was no connection… no chemistry… there were times when I was at a loss for what to say…what to ask…. I also felt like we have different standards…(which is fine… but when you are talking about finding a companion to spend the rest of eternity with…well then I mind…)
Also… they guy never opened a door for me… not a huge deal… but I think it’s just respectful and sweet to do on a first date… you know, brownie points.
Then when you drop a girl off… get out of the car… that’s just what you do… I think door scenes are so awkward… I am really not a fan of them… but you don’t just drop a girl off without walking her to the door… right??? (That was a first)
Jenna and her husband were the best part of the date… sure fun to hang out with… thank heavens we doubled…

I guess I left the date just depressed… like finding a good guy who you are compatible with plus attracted too with the same standards doesn’t seem possible… {i know it is possible, i see it all around me... just get in that mood sometimes... }

7 comments:

Jessica/Patrick said...

I was really really hoping that the date would go well too. And then I got that "4" text & I knew it was over.
Sounds like this guy has a lot to learn about how to treat a girl.
Too bad he blew it.

Someday Krissa, someday it'll all work out.

heather said...

Clearly he doesn't know how to treat a girl!

And I'm with Jessica: Too bad he blew it.

P.S. Wanna do Cheesecake Factory with me, like, soon? Maybe tonight even??

Erin Cox said...

Awe girlie I totally hear what you're saying!! If it is a date, the guy should definitely be opening doors for you!! I recently went to grab coffee a couple of times with an old guy friend, clearly not a date, and he opened all doors AND walked me to my car!!

What I'm saying is, there are gentlemen out there, they're just a little harder to find. It's great that you have those standards!! Don't settle for anything less than butterflies... :)

Amanda said...

Had no idea you had a date!!! Sorry it wasn't what you expected. Don't give up (listen to josh grobans song-you are loved) its true you are and the right guy for you is waiting for you

● C E L I N A ● said...

It totally feels like.
Sometimes for long stretches.
No one gets it.

I am sorry.


One day there will be someone who reminds you it happens. Then It might be a long time until it happens again.

But it will. Eventually. In the mean time I am sorry.

I know that feeling and it sucks.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I've definitely been there. Chemistry and shared values are so important and it's good that you didn't overlook those things.

Livin it up said...

Oh my goodness...this sounds exactly like my last date! He committed all of these ungentlemanly discretions as well! I couldn't exactly write about them on MY blog, because the girl who hooked me up with him, gave him the link to my blog. Yikes! I feel slightly violated and wasn't sure what to write! Anyway, I feel your frustration. I was COMPLETELY frustrated after this date because of the lack of good guys around. It was obvious all he wanted was some action...just sayin. Anyway, better luck to both of us next time, eh!