Monday, January 31, 2011

London's Run 2011

Saturday was London's Run out in Queen Creek.
We participated in a 10k.
{I loved it.}
Maybe not so much while I was running uphill with the wind against us.
{or after with a punding headache and achy limbs}
But still.
What a great feeling of accomplishment to be able to do that.

{Mom, Jessica, Me}

All I know is we beat my time I had when I did a test 10k at the gym.
Jessica and I completed it in 1 hour and 29 minutes... and that included a bathroom break.

the motto of the day:
"We CAN do hard things!"

{Crossing the Finish Line, Me & Jessica}

My Mom finished it in 1 hour 20 minutes... she is amazing!!!!

I will admit I held back tears crossing that finish line.
No its not an amazing time to do it in.
But I did it. I completed it!

I am definitely looking forward to doing more of these.

9 comments:

Erin Cox said...

That IS an AMAZING time!!! Why? Because you DID IT!! You finished, and that is incredible... GO YOU!!!

You are amazing.

: )

Samantha said...

Wow Krissa!!!! That is so amazing that you did it:) You are awesome!

Jessica/Patrick said...

Next time we're gonna sing.
And use the bathroom before we start.
And wear matching sunflower jackets.

Nichole said...

Way to go!! What an accomplishmet!


Sidenote: I'm getting a blog makeover and am using that blue/yellow/grey banner too :o)

emi. said...

thank you for your kind kind comment. it made we want to go somewhere and cry. thank you.

● C E L I N A ● said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!

Amanda said...

Amazing! Congratulations!

heather said...

Seriously, so stinkin' impressed, You Are Awesome & an inspiration to me!

tammy said...

What an accomplishment! I hate, hate to run. Way to go!