Tuesday, January 4, 2011

In 2011...I hope too...

I don’t know if I want to call these resolutions… because they are things I have been working on (for the most part). They are just things that {I feel} will make me a better person…. For the most part they are all part of my cousins challenge she put together over on the Healthy Goddess… it starts January 10th… so you still have time to decide and participate…. (there is a reward in the end too if you win)… I definitely encourage you to check it out….

so the daily challenges are as follows:
--7 hours of sleep total (not necessarily consecutive -includes nap times too!)
--Drink 48oz of water
--30 minutes of exercise (again, not necessarily consecutive)
--2 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruit
--No sodas, sweets, or unhealthy snacks
--15 minutes reading scripture or spiritual text
--Getting dressed & ready for the day (including hair/ make-up)
--1 journal entry (a blog counts as a journal!)
--1 expression of love, appreciation, or praise to spouse (or friend if not married)
**morning & evening prayer
**not eating after 7pm
(those last two are my own challenges)

this year I am looking forward to my first 10k.
much more crafts.
Institute.
becoming an Aunt (twice).
Tylon going on a mission (although that makes me sad)
I hope a trip to California.

& paying off a credit card.

I am pretty sure I will add more…. I am excited for this year. I am excited to better myself.
I am excited for the changes ahead….

What are your plans???

8 comments:

mrsashcake said...

did I hear a trip to california?! i hope its close to me!! :D

Jessica/Patrick said...

Those are great resolutions/challenges! Pretty sure getting dressed & ready for the day would be the hardest for me!

My goals:

Write in a journal at least 1x a week, increase my offspring, and plant a garden.

Nichole said...

Great list!

I really like the one daily expression of love, appreciation, or praise to spouse goal.

I started a new 101 in 1001 days list. If you'd like to check it out it's at http://timeofmylife101.blogspot.com/

Have a great day!

Erin Cox said...

That is a great list!! alot of those are on my list too.. i am really gonna try to be a healthier me this year...

oh and i'm so glad you liked your little package i sent. when i saw the bark at my target, i just couldn't pass it up!! hope you enjoyed it before your no sweets resolution!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! here's to resolutions and sticking to them!!

thegirlhassparke said...

Great goals! I am also aiming to get healthier so its good to hear other people are on the same bandwagon. Goodluck my dear!

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Jessica, hold the phone. You want to actually increase offspring in 2011 which means you want to get preggers pretty much now????!?!??!?!??! Also, plan to have the baby 11/11/11.
Okay Krissa, your goals for the new year always inspire me. I haven't even thought about goals this year. Except finish Personal Progress. Hopefully! Oh and have a kid.

Jessica/Patrick said...

Dear Natalie, I would love to have a baby on 11/11/11, but I'm going to be really busy that day seeing as that is the day Krissa plans on getting married.

Cami Pereira said...

Great... and a blog is like a journal, specially for me. =)

Love,

Camilla (Nina) from Brazil