For me… may be the best and easiest way to meet new guys.
I have this problem where I have a really hard time just walking up to someone I don’t know and talking to them.
So in this setting; where you have to talk to whoever is seated in front of you I found completely doable.
I feel I was definitely so much more comfortable and more myself when on these “dates” with these guys.
I think I went on approximately 17 “dates”; with all sorts of guys.
Each date lasted 3 minutes.
I think only 2 of those had awkward silent moments where I was like….uh, I have no idea what to say right now…
At the beginning when the girls and guys were separated the girls were given slips of paper… we wrote our name and number on a few of them and left the rest blank.
At the same time the guys were given an envelope which they wrote their name on.At the end of each date the guy would hand over the envelope and the girl chose whether to put in a blank slip or one that had their number.
The guys would then look at their envelopes later after all the dates…or after they left...
I gave a few with my number out… but really how do you know in 3 minutes…
I do know I couldn't find one of my slips that I wrote on. Meaning I gave a guy my number on accident... Uh Oh!
At the end of the night… I could only remember 3 names… and I didn’t give my number to 2 of those…
So if they do call… I may not remember….oops!
Overall though it was a really good experience… I wish they did more of these…
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
FUN.
And nice I'm sure to be around new guys.
Reminds me of that one episode of GG where Paris does speed dating. Or the movie Hitch.
i wish i had done this when i was single :) seems like an adventure and half of me is SO HOPING that the one you accidently gave your number to will lead to an exciting chapter... maybe God will surprise you because you're right... how do you know in 3 minutes? maybe a true gem awaits...
Oh wow, I love this!!! Especially the whole number-giving system, makes it SO much less awkward! Ah. I would love love to do something like this!
Post a Comment