Monday, February 14, 2011
Ethan's Run: 10k
Jessica talked me into this 10k. Ethan’s Run. Through the HILLS of Las Sendas.
(yes… HILLS!!!)
Important things I would note about this 10k…
…it was hotter. So much hotter.
… There is a point I get to when running… somewhere between mile 5 & 6 where one’s body becomes very aware of every movement and jiggle. I noticed this at London’s Run and was ready during this one. But I realize I probably shouldn’t yell, “HERE COMES BACK FAT!!!” whilst running. More especially when there are people maybe 50 feet in front of you. Because they then turn and stare and wonder what the heck you are referring too. I think I then made some comment that it was my nickname. I definitely did not want them to think I was referring to them.
…These same people I think did NOT want us to pass them. Every time we decided to run. They did. Until we overtook them on a downhill.
… There was no mile 5 marker. Someone stole it… or we both somehow missed it. I think it was the first because that’s how you survive, looking for that next mile marker. I will say I was pretty happy when the police officer directing traffic said it was just over a ½ mile left. I have never heard words more beautiful.
…We passed one girl who was ahead the entire time. We passed her right at the end… this part was hazy. I mean we were running uphill and I was trying not to die. But we passed her like 20 feet before the finish line. I would have hated us for being behind the whole time and zoom we finished ahead.
… There were so many more uphill portions than downhill. Not a fan!
…Ending a race on an uphill is stupid. I need to figure out whom to talk to about this.
… You know those tears I wanted to cry after that 1st 10k??? Yeah, no DID NOT happen this time… I had more evil feelings. (No I do not want to discuss it.)
….oh and the best part of the WHOLE thing… we finished 6 minutes faster than our last 10k. WOOHOO!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Wow Krissa! It sounds like it was quite the experience for you two!! Congrats on a better time, even with staying up late the night before:)
Wow!! That is TOTALY AWESOME!!! Great Job, girl!!!! You are amazing!! Hats off to YOU!!
YOU GUYS SERIOUSLY ROCK!!!!
Post a Comment