Moving ON...
Girls Camp.
We left Tuesday morning.
This is Mom and me before we leave.
Happy are we!
The camp motto was CIA.
Courage In Action
{I am looking forward to rocking the CIA hats out in public}The weather wasn't too bad. The first two days it rained a bit in the afternoon.
Which was really nice to help cool it down a bit.
Day 1:
I helped man the water balloon volleyball station at games.
Also got into some tug-of-war.
We beat the Priesthood. We as in the Staff.
But the cabin moms killed us. (ahem... i think they had more people)
I was in charge of the evening devotional.
Got to bed way too late!
Day 2:
Got up for exercise.(decided against doing that again. sleep is too precious)
The nice thing about being Staff is you can get in line to eat whenever you want.
Got a shower.
Tried to take a nap. However my bed. (I was on the top bunk) And a mirror was positioned rightly so so I could stare at myself while facing the wall. I don't like lookint at myself in the mirror. Not a very sucessful nap.
Evening Programs was singing trees. This is one of my favorite things about camp. Being assigned a place out in the woods where we are assigned our turns to sing our song we have chosen. Its so nice a peaceful to be out in nature and listening to these beautiful songs.
Once again got to bed way way too late.
Day 3:
TIRED!
Each morning at flag we do our cheers. The YCL's came after us with ninja moves. Challenge on!
Showered. Again. So hot. So dusty!
Beef Jerky has been my snack of choice.
Practiced a ton for skit night.
There were 9 of us that got to do a play on the Singles Ladies song. Except we were the Righteous Ladies. Yes. Yes we did have dance moves. We also had ginormous rings. Mom and I before skits. Mom was in the rap group. And me with my poufy hair.
Dance moves in action. We rocked it. (Please refrain from laughing.)
Day 4:
Challenge on for the YCL's at flag in the morning. We attacked. With Marshmallow guns. We surrounded them. Did out little cheer. Then shot em! It was brilliant.
It was a tough day for me. I think the lack of sleep had caught up.
I seriously felt like I wanted to cry at everything.
And I did.
It was Bishops night.
So the Staff served the girls and took care of cleaning up so they could spend time with their Bishops.
It was also Testimony meeting for the evening programs.
And because it was the last night. People felt the need to stay up UBER late. Like 3 am late.
As in we got 3 hours of sleep.
However, I don't know that I have ever laughed so much in my life.
I loved being their cabin mom. Those ladies are amazing. Such examples to me!
Side note: I do believe I calculated in those 5 days I got 22 hours of sleep. Just Grand!
(No worries. After a long shower when I got home I got a 5 hour nap)
Day 5:
Clean up, Pack up, and GO home!
It was a good year at camp.
I LOVED having my Mom there.
It would not have been the same without her.






7 comments:
CIA makes much more sense than CSI. "Courage something Integrity maybe?"
Next year you and I should be cabin moms together. It would be pom-poms galore!!
I LOVED having you at camp. You are such a strength to me. Moms aren't naturally just strong and confident. I don't know if you would notice but when you were not with me, I would search you out and just seeing you gave me strength. You have always been a source of strength to me. You are like a security blanket and I am so glad you were at camp with me. It would NOT have been the same without YOU! Love you, Frissa!!
fun pictures!!!! it was fun seeing you up there! i'm sure you were great and everyone loved having you there!
Love Girls Camp so Awesome!! It is nice when your Mom can go up too. I loved the year my Mom went and was Camp director so fun! I like Jess's idea of you guys being cabin mom together that would be so fun.
Love your hats and shirts:) I would not have been able to function on that amount of sleep:( No fun. Sounds like it was pretty good!
I am glad you got to go to girl's camp! YOu and your mom are so cute and look so good! I love your expressions!
Opps, I just realized I am on the wrong account. This is Stacey not Nathaniel. :) I am excited to have you come out to visit me!
Post a Comment