It was hard to decide if this was information I wanted to just share and put out there. Sharing it feels like the best thing to do...So....
After a long process of different appointments with doctor's, nutritionists' and psychologists' and 2 WEEKS of waiting to hear from insurance I have been approved to have a Vertical Gasterectomy (aka the Vertical Sleeve). It is a weight loss surgery which will be a tool to help me lose weight. The surgery is done laproscopically where they will remove 85% of my stomach. Leaving me with a stomach that looks like a slim banana. It will be able to hold anywhere from 1-5 ounces. I have been going to support groups with my mom which I must say are really helpful. Thanks Mom for all your support and help in this!!!! I am super excited and waiting to hear back for scheduling. I will let you know when I get a date.






4 comments:
That's great!
-oh, and did i mention you are one brave cookie?
I am SOOOOO excited for you and this upcoming journey. You will do so great! Did I mention "SOOOO Excited for you?"
Love you!
Mom
cool! And yes...brave cookie! Good luck!
Thats neat!My best friend from grade school had it done over a year ago and it has been a huge succes for her!I wish you the best!!
Post a Comment