Friday, April 10, 2009

A Love - Hate Relationship

I have realized why I hate to love reading.
Does that even make sense?
I love to read!
and at the same time I absolutely hate it.
Let me explain
I hate that the story ends. I never want it to.
I hate that my hurt hurts and my chest aches for my very own Mr. Darcy, or Mr. Knightley, or as of late Mr. Tilney.
I hate that it consumes my thoughts.
I hate how I wish to be in that time with the dresses, the carriages, the bonnets, and the balls.
and at the same time that's the stuff I love the most about reading.


Photobucket

5 comments:

deb@virginia blue said...

Oh my gosh...we're kindred spirits.
If I could live in Jane Austen novel, I totally would.

What you need to do is stock up on every BBC adaptation of the Jane Austen novels (like I have)...and then you can watch them and relive everything as soon as you're finished reading.

Don't forget to throw in some of the non-BBC adaptations, too...there are some great ones.

You've completely gotten me into the mood for a movie afternoon now... =)

April said...

I started reading Pride and Prejudice...but I got bored. I am really trying to be more cultured but I just can't.

I DO wish I lived in those times too though - that would be AWESOME!

heather said...

You need to read Austenland.

And one of my friends said "Mr. Darcy has nothing next to Mr. Tilney." -I'm not sure if I agree, but Mr. T is dear.

Walters Family said...

I agree... some stories you just want to keep reading... knowing what else is going on in their lives, etc. It is just a bit of escape from life though. Love it.

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I am the same way! I get so engrossed in the stories and lives that I am sad when they end and a lot of times, I find myself thinking about the characters even after the books are over.