Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm losing my mind

So I have not chewed gum since surgery in November. I am allowed to now and have started chewing gum these last couple days. I was told its okay as long as I do not swallow it. Not a problem for most people. For me it is. I have a habit of swallowing my gum. (and no it does not stay in your stomach for 7 years, it digests just like everything else). Since my stomach is small swallowing gum could block it. Needless to say I have been hesitant to starting chewing gum again. When I have these last few days it is always in the front of my mind to not swallow it. I have been doing good. Today, I came back to my desk from filling my water bottle and noticed I was no longer chewing my gum. I seriously could not remember if I swallowed it or threw it away. I looked through my trash can. Did not see it. Racked my memory if I did swallow it. Looked through the trash can again and finally saw it.
How the devil did I forget that I threw it away?
Maybe I should stay away from it for a bit longer.

3 comments:

heather said...

That's hilarious. I'm glad you found it. :)

Walters Family said...

That is so funny! I can't believe you forgot your threw it away. Yes, maybe you are just not ready to graduate to gum chewing until you are responsible enough to NOT swallow it! That is funny!!!

Anonymous said...

so random, but kind of funny. don't worry you'll keep losing your mind with time, and whenever motherhood catches up to you!