Monday, March 28, 2011

Huntington Beach

It was a very last minute road trip.
Shaylee, Tylon, Zach, and myself decided to go to the beach for the day.
We left early Saturday morning.... and headed to our destination.... CALIFORNIA!!!
We girls road shotgun.
While the boys slept in the back.
Shaylee was my expert navigator and tunes specialist.
She also knew the best beach to go to. (Thank heavens for that!)

Tylon and I at the pier restaurant Ruby's.
Zach and Shaylee.
Let me preface this by saying I have been to the beach a few times... but never got in, all the way... Shay talked me into it. It was fairly cold and windy but the water wasn't too bad (after your legs went numb) The boys went out... and then Shay and I did. We didn't even change. We went out in our pants. (not smart....note to self -change next time!)
I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!!!
We came back to our blankets were that above picture was taken.

(don't you love the hair do's... Shaylee looked perfect... my hair was a MESS!)We played for a couple few hours out there and once we couldnt feel our limbs any more we managed to change into some dry clothes and got back on the road again.
Boys back in the back seat... once again sleeping...
And Shaylee my trusty navigator getting me back on the right roads... Thank heavens she knows I am an anxious driver when I don't know where I am going...

I had a blast!!!! First time in the ocean was amazing!!!!

(another note to self = ocean water tastes SO nasty!!!!!!)

5 comments:

Austin and Whitney Cooley said...

SO MUCH FUN!!! Road trips are always fun. And when you have a fun family to do it with, that makes it even better :-)

Jessica/Patrick said...

Looks like the beach was deserted.
Which means it was probably FREEZING!!

Samantha said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a ton of fun!! How long did it take you to get there?

● C E L I N A ● said...

looks like fun!

Erin Cox said...

You should come back out here!!! We have some of the prettiest beaches north of Ventura. I will teach you how to surf! :)

Your photos are darling, too bad the water was so cold. It's much warmer now... so come back out! :)