{I must begin by apologizing that this was not done on Friday. Sorry Jessica. ;)}
The Time Traveler's Wife
Clare Abshire: I wrote down every time that you came to visit me.
Henry DeTamble: Which I gather I did, or will do, fairly often.
Clare Abshire: The last time that I saw you, I was 18. Seems that you go back to the same places a lot.
Henry DeTamble: Yeah, it's like gravity. Big events pull you in.
Clare Abshire: I was a big event.
Henry DeTamble: So it would seem.
Henry DeTamble: Which I gather I did, or will do, fairly often.
Clare Abshire: The last time that I saw you, I was 18. Seems that you go back to the same places a lot.
Henry DeTamble: Yeah, it's like gravity. Big events pull you in.
Clare Abshire: I was a big event.
Henry DeTamble: So it would seem.
Richard DeTamble: [many years after his wife's death] I still miss her. I miss her every day._________________________________________________________
Richard DeTamble: [bitterly] If you traveled back to then, why couldn't you have stopped her from getting into that goddamn car?
Clare at Eight: Are you married? Henry DeTamble: Yes, I am.
Clare at Eight: Is your wife a time traveler?
Henry DeTamble: No. No, thank God.
Clare at Eight: Do you love her?
Henry DeTamble: Yes. Very much. What's wrong?
Clare at Eight: Nothing. I was just hoping you're married to me.

Henry DeTamble: Where's Henry? Clare Abshire: Uh, I left him sleeping. I needed some time away from him.
Henry DeTamble: How's that working out for you?
Alba at Nine: Tell me the story of how you and Mama met? Henry DeTamble: Doesn't she tell you?
Alba at Nine: She does, but not like you do.
Henry DeTamble: Well, it was right here in this meadow. And one fine day, your mom, who's just a tiny little thing, goes out to the clearing, and there's a man there.
Alba at Nine: With no clothes.
Henry DeTamble: Not a stitch on him. And after she gives him the blanket she happens to be carrying, he explains to her that he's a time traveler. Now, for some reason I'll never understand, she believes him.
Alba at Nine: 'Cause it's true.
Clare Abshire: I wouldn't change one second of our life together.{I loved this movie!!!! That last scene kills me every time!}
6 comments:
I haven't seen it, but I've been meaning to.
SUCH a good choice!!! That last scene where Clare is running as fast as she can in the meadow to Henry...oh man.
Yeah everytime I see even a preview, I start watering up. Great choice!
This movie hits home every time. (i am dating a musician who is always leaving for the road)
This movie hits home every time. (i am dating a musician who is always leaving for the road)
Absolutely LOVED this movie.
Basically anything w/ Rachel McAdams is guaranteed to be good!
Post a Comment