Thursday, April 12, 2012

Utah Conference Trip


 I was invited to go up to conference with my good friend Tashina and her family. We had so much fun. We drove up Friday the whole day. There was a episode of car sickness which may have been more of a stomach bug 10 minutes before we arrived at the hotel. I won't eat gummy bears for a long while now. We listened to tons of music, I took a turn driving with Tashina as my navigator. I must say she sure did do a great job keeping alert, letting me know speed limit changes, answering text messages, and keeping the music going so I didn't fall asleep. 


 We spent Saturday in Downtown Salt Lake at the new City Creek Mall which was super neat. We were so tired that when we went to Deseret Book during there ladies night we chilled in the children's book section and sat in those little chairs that we probably should have let the kids use. We waited at the temple while they guys were in the Priesthood session. Pretty sure I could lay on the temple lawn all day, such a nice peaceful feeling!
 We went to the Sunday morning session of Conference. It was neat to be in the presence of the Prophet and Apostles. It was a really neat experience. We drove halfway to Kanab right after the session. 
Monday we went to the Grand Canyon. It was super neat. I have not been there since I was a little kid. It was super neat. We hiked down a little trail too, I did get cool pictures but for whatever reason my phone deleted them... kinda really sad about it. It was so fun. I hope someday to go back and do Havasupai.

It was a really fun quick trip! So grateful for the opportunity to go!

No comments: