Sometimes I wonder why I am not married.
Sometimes I receive a tender mercy helping me understand.
I can honestly look back and say I am grateful I didn’t get married years ago.
(Not that there was an opportunity too, but because I never thought I would be 26 and single, I had hoped to be married way before now.)
But things don’t happen the way we want.
Sometimes we have to be patient.
Sometimes we don’t see the big picture.
I can look back and see I would never be who I am today without the experience and opportunities I have had.
I wouldn’t have the relationships I have with friends that I do now.
I wouldn’t have the relationship I have with my family that I do now.
I wouldn’t have the confidence or the self-assurance of who I am.
I can look back and be grateful for that.
It doesn’t mean its fun, this being single.
Because it’s really not.
Sometimes... sometimes it just makes it easier.
...here's to more learning and growing will I wait... patiently...
9 comments:
I used to feel that exact same way.
I would go in waves. Loving it. Hating it. Going to a family ward saved me.
Good luck, I will send out some little prayers for you. I know its a rough single world.
♥ theMRS.
Lovely girl, I know how you feel right now. There are days where i HATE being single (most days honestly) and i wonder how i managed to be single at 26 myself.
I thought i'd be married by now...I had it all planned out. but someone recently said to me, "Stop worrying about the life you had planned and live the life that's been waiting for you." Those words have helped me more than anything.
Hope you are having a WONDERFUL Monday darling! :)
Love this. Lady, I know your perfect man is out there.... He's waiting :)
hmm so true girl. there's a plan for your life - keep the faith!
wonnderful words of wisdom as usual- your amazing Krissa. Everyone's timing in life is very different! You are incredible, beautiful and i love you!
Seriously Krissa, some guy is going to be so lucky to have you. And when that moment comes, you both will be so happy you waited for each other. :)
I thought that probably several hundred times before I got married. But something you have I wish I had was the wisdom to see what you have gained from not getting married early. Seriously! And while marriage is a fantastic thing, I have my times where I think "this was sooooo much easier when I was single". Seriously. I know that doesn't help your current situation, but I was also on my way towards 28 by the time I got married. So. Just remember to keep your beautiful chin up and savor all of these things! Life definitely changes once the man of your dreams comes along!
PS and he WILL!
Love this post---I feel like I've said all those things myself before. Sometimes it just plain sucks---but I have had some amazing opportunities I may not have otherwise. Still, I'm ready to move past the single life.
PS-found you on the Blossoming Bloggers site:)
Post a Comment