Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dun Dun dun...

I finally went to the dentist.
I was quite terrified.
Even when I called to set up the appointment I started to cry.
{Don’t Judge.}
I am that scared of the dentist.
I got in the next day.
They were so so nice.
They let me cry in the chair. Gave me Kleenex.
It’s just NEVER a good sign when they ask if you have gone outside the US to get dental work done…umm…No, No I have not!
“Oh, well this work you have had done before looks like something we see from Mexico.”
Translation: The dentist before did not do very good work.
{Maybe this could be why I am having so many problems. Maybe}
I then was scheduled for a root canal the following day (Friday).
That appointment went even better.
Who would have thought that going through part 1 of a root canal would have been one of the best dentist appointments I have ever had.
Part 2 takes place in 3 weeks.

8 comments:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

My aunt is a dentist and I always try to hide from her. Dentists scare me too.

Erin Cox said...

Girl i can totally sympethize with you!! I hate hate hate the dentist. I was traumatized as a kid from having a really mean dentist, but i finally found a nice one.

when i had my root canal done they gave me anti-anxiety meds called xanax. worked like a charm. makes the whole process seem like nothing. :)

good luck girlie!! When it's all over and the pain is gone you'll be so happy you did it!! :)

Nichole said...

I get really anxious when I have to go to the dentist too. I had a bunch of work done (3 visits worth) a couple years ago. I got gas each time. It made it so much better.

Glad your visit went ok. I'm seding good thoughts for your next visit :o)

And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has cried at the dentist's office. :o)

Ramsey said...

Ooohh I hate the dentist...I am such a wimp when it comes to doctors of all sorts! I am still procrastinating on getting my next two wisdom teeth removed.

Courtney said...

I hate dentists so much. I actually hadn't been to one myself for about 14 years. Mostly due to insurance, or living on post in Germany where dependents can't get appointments if a unit is about to deploy or just returning. Bloody nightmare.

I finally went to one three weeks ago. The tooth was just bothering me that bad. I had two options. 1- a root canal. 2- Just yank the bugger. I told them to just yank. It's in the back, it won't jack up my smile. Seriously the best dental experience I've ever had!!

So glad you found a great dentist, too. :) Good luck!

Renée said...

Ohhhhh man. I need to make an appointment too.
Right there with ya girlie. Want. To. Cry. Everysingletime. Even if nothing needs done.
Sigh.
I'm calling tomorrow.

Amanda said...

Oh no! I'm glad it went well though.

David and Natalie Reheis said...

haha this is making me laugh!